Saturday, February 27, 2010

Focus - part 2: Refridgerator as a Metaphor for Life

My husband and I got the refridgerator cleaned out today.  I can't tell you how many mostly used bottles and jars of salad dressing, salsa, bbq sauce, and vinegar we rinsed and recycled.  There were also a number of storage containers of unrecognizable leftovers.  We took  everything out, washed the walls and shelves and put it all back and noticed that the shelves were mostly empty.  In fact, it's so bright it's nearly blinding.   It made me think.  What if my life is like my refridgerator?  What if I am packed to bursting with old, worn out, incorrect, half empty habits, ideas, and assumptions that I have gathered and saved throughout the course of my life.  What kind of a spring cleaning do I need?  I suppose this whole journey of weight loss and healthy eating is my way of getting rid of the old self destructive habits, of finding the path to health and wellbeing.  It's something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment