Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snacks

I have been thinking about healthy snacks and wanted to post my favorite healthy snacks and hope that whoever else reads this posts their go to healthy snacks.

Here they are in no particular order.

Bite size carrots.
2 Hard boiled egg whites and 1/2 hard boiled yolk
fruit and yogurt w/1 tlb grape nuts
cereal and milk with 1/2 banana
stir fried vegetables  (add chicken for a tasty cold lunch)
2 oz baked chicken
apples with peanut butter
glass of chocolate milk
cup of hot chocolate
baked apple (I confess I haven't had this recently but it sounds yummy)
1 oz meunster cheese and 4 triscut crackers

2 comments:

  1. Cheese flavored rice cake with 1/4 cup cottage cheese and spices. (I like garlic powder and dried basil.) You could also use an apple rice cake with cottage cheese and cinnamon!

    Almonds

    Those are my faves. If your wellness center isn't responding to a request, you need to just go in and ask a real person. That is what I would do! The sooner you do it, the sooner you can start weight training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - I will try asking a real person again - the last time I did that I got the vague "aw, just ask one of the guys using the machines." This is what happens when you aren't paying for a membership.

    ReplyDelete