Saturday, February 13, 2010

Goals

Ever since I first realized that perhaps I overeat because of the lack of structure in my life I have been thinking about what I want and how to go about getting it.  Here are some of the things I want - the things that aren't related to my weight, size, or how I look.

1.  I want to publish my book.  Okay, my goal used to be I wanted to write a book - but I like my story and believe it has a lot of potential so I want to work it into saleable shape.  This means I have to:
    a.  re-read the whole thing.
    b. formalize the theme
    c. formalize the characters
    d. determine the plot structure
    e.  plan and revise each scene
    g. give to my daughter and a few trusted friends to read and provide feedback to me


2.  I want to deepen my spiritual life - so Lent is coming up and I think I will resurrect the Advent Project and keep looking for Jesus and blogging about it during Lent.

3.  I want my house to be pretty and most importantly, comfortable and welcoming.  First and foremost, I want my family room to remind me of vacations in Florida.  I'm nearly there with the decor but I still need to get or make new curtains.  I want blue and white ones, either blue and white stripes, checks, or floral.  I want to put a lime green lamp on a white (or yellow) table in front of them and put green and yellow pillows on  white chairs in front of the curtains.

4.  I want to go through my closets and dressers and get rid of all the clothes that I don't love.  My new rule for clothes is that they have to fit well, look good and I have to love how I look in them.

5.  I want to make a home office in the little breakfast area between the family room and kitchen.  The table is the desk, I am getting a desktop hanging file system, and I put my old desktop tower there so my laptop will be my personal "fun" computer.

Those are my goals for the next few weeks hopefully they will be done by Easter.  Except the book.  I want to do the March month of editing with NANOWRIMO (if it is March, I think it is.)  I want the book ready to go by Memorial Day.  Then I will think about looking for an agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment