Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Progress

It might seem silly to write a blog about weight loss when I don't own a scale but I find it very interesting that, I am doing better now than I have in all my previous attempts to lose weight.  This time I'm not obsessing on the numbers, on how much weight I might have lost for the effort I am making.  In the past the most important thing was how much weight I could lose in the fastest amount of time.  This time I am working on changing my habits.  I trust that the plan will work because I got it from a nutritionist who carefully explained why she wanted me to follow this plan.  Since I got this eating plan I am eating more rather than less and I am feeling much better about myself.  It's ironic, but for quite some time I have not eaten much in the way of vegetables and I NEVER snacked on fresh vegetables or fruit.  Now since I don't "have" to have carrots because I am on a diet I actually want the carrots.  I find that very interesting - when I had to eat them I didn't like them but when I don't have to have them I want them.  It makes me wonder about other foods that I refuse to eat because I mentally associate them with "dieting."  A topic to explore in more depth in the near future.  I still have some changes to make in my eating (getting rid of eating chocolate when I get home from work every day is probably the best thing I could do.)  I am working on it.  I notice that I even started eating chocolate differently.  Instead of chewing it I let it melt in my mouth and I savor the burst of sweet, intense chocolate.  And, I am satisfied with less chocolate.  Another good development. 
    I have also added exercises to my routine.  I am starting really slowly because of my bad knee, and I started my physical therapy exercises to strenghten my knee.  In the meantime I am also riding the stationary cycle for aerobic activity.
    Even without the scale I can tell changes are happening because my slacks feel looser.

No comments:

Post a Comment