Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lent

Lent begins today.  I've been thnking about what I am going to do for Lent.  I think that between the end of breakfast andthe beginning of dinner I am going to fast from purposeless pursuits.  This includes playing games on the computer, reading fiction, or watching TV.  I'm also giving up soft drinks at work.  This will be a very effective discipline for me.  First, it will give me time to focus on my spiritual life, working on my Advent blog - (looking for Jesus in the everyday life, never mind that it's Lent.)  It will give me time to write this blog.  Also, it will give me time to work on my book, it will make me stronger as I eliminate the junk in my life.  It will show me many of the ways that I rely on "things" rather than Jesus, and that's something that I really need.  I'm looking forward to the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment