Thursday, February 3, 2011

Shedding the mental weight

My goal weight:  150
Weight to lose:  32 pounds  

So I read this article today:  http://blogs.webmd.com/pamela-peeke-md/2011/02/make-the-mental-fat-body-fat-connection.html?ecd=wnl_nal_020311    it got me thinking about my habits and I want to try the suggestions. 


Habits that stop me from losing weight

I believe that I can't lose weight - that it will never happen.
I don't exercise regularly.
I don't eat enough fruits and vegetables
I drink diet coke
I do other things like read when I eat
I beat myself up when I do something wrong - I am a perfectionist
I don't have a late afternoon snack so I don't get my exercise when I get home



Habits that help me lose weight:

I record everything that I eat
I eat 1200 - 1400 calories per day
I get enough sleep
I drink water
I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner
I eat protein several times per day


So, what do I need to change to lose the weight given that I should only work on a couple issues at a time?  I think the most important things are to add the fruits and vegetables and add the late afternoon snack.  I need a plan.  First, since I have some pasta with peas right now - I will fix that for lunch and take some steak for a snack.  That will take care of the snack thing but I still have the fruit and vegetable thing.

Stir fry comes to mind for the fruit and vegetable portion of my meals.  Pea pods bean sprouts, mushrooms with meat mixed in.  Fried rice with veggies and a bit of egg and meat.  Make some vegetable soup. 

For dinners:  cooked carrots.  peas, green beans, yellow beans, stuffed zucchini,

No comments:

Post a Comment