Saturday, February 26, 2011

Panic

This morning I got up and weighed myself and I gained another pound.  As I looked at the number I felt panic rise up inside me.  Mentally I was screaming "noooooo" this can't be happening.  The program had been so easy to stay on and now I can't seem to do it if my life depended on it.   I think that the words that are running just under my conscious thoughts are "you can't do this, just give up, you will never succeed, you are a quitter, you've never finished anything in your life..." and on and on and on.

In a way, I'm kind of glad this has happened because I realized something really important - I have forgotten how to love myself fat and all.  In the beginning of this program, when I lost a pound I would gently let it go, saying goodbye and moving on.  Lately, I've been hating my fat and I think that might be the root of the problem.  I'm not acting with love towards myself and my body knows it. 

When I don't show love to myself I move into an emotional place that is rigid and tense, and controlling.  A world where one either succeeds or fails, a world where it is all about the end result and not about the process.

So, I'm cutting myself some slack, realizing that there will be times when I lose my way, and giving thanks that it is becoming easier to find my way back.  I take a minute to breathe, give myself a mental and emotional hug and move on.  I feel calmer and more hopeful.

1 comment:

  1. You have increased your weight and you start panic for that. Therefore you should go for regular exercise which can make you to lose your weight and you didn't get panic for that.

    ReplyDelete