Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What to do, what to do

It us the danger time for me.  The time after work and before dinner for me that is between 2:30 and 6:00.  Since I am trying to keep to a more healthy diet I didn't buy any chips, crackers, cookies, or candy at the grocery store.  So I don't have my usual snack foods in the house.  Since I have eliminated the snacking option -- what I notice is that I don't quite know what to do with myself.  I'm realizing just how much a part of my life eating and reading have become.  Its a ritual I keep every day when I come home.  And it's not a healthy ritual.  I can think of all kinds of problems related to it.  First, I overeat - plain and simple I take in way too many calories for my body.  Second, I don't do what needs to be done.  By that I mean that I could do a lot of things that would be good for me - exercise, journaling, de-cluttering, visiting with friends.  Third, by doing this I shut myself off from the world, I live in a kind of half life characterized by withdrawl and solitude.  There is nothing wrong ith solitude - I need a lot of solitude  but it shouldn't be taken to extremes.  Especially when nothing constructive comes out of it.  I think I need to make a list.  I love lists.  This one will be about what I want out of this new time that I have available.  3 hours per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment