Thursday, May 27, 2010

Vision Journal

Recently a friend asked me if I had ever heard of Vision Boards.  I hadn't so I Googled them.  After reading about them I became quite interested.  They involve making a collage about the things that you would like in your life.  They are a way to visually represent those things that are really important to you.  This is a project tailor made for me.  First, it involves scissors and glue sticks - always a good start.  Second, it involves a fair amount of crafting and creativity - another passion.   Now, I'm not really a poster person so I decided to make a Vision Journal.  Last night I began by ripping pictures and words out of magazines, then cutting them up and pasting them into a journal my son made for me.  Here is what the first few pages revealed to me.  I am looking for more focus in my life.  The first picture in the book is the Michael Phelps ad that has appeared in a lot of magazines lately. The one with him wearing swim goggles.  The other picture on page one is of Dara Torres - as I pasted them in I was thinking that it took a great deal of focus and discipline for them to be successful and that's what made me realize that I want to be more focused on my goals. Hopefully as I work on this project I will learn more about what I want and will work to make it happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment