Saturday, April 3, 2010

Danger Zone Revisited

It's 7:51 on Saturday morning and I am thinking about my day.  The weekend is the worst time for me with regards to poor eating habits and snacking.  I really don't want to live my life snacking away the weekends so I need a plan to keep me on track to feeling good.  I want today to be different.  How to I deal with the danger zone?  How do I avoid the siren's call of the Peeps in the cupboard (at least until dessert tonight.)  How do I stop from snacking on crackers or processed foods?

I think it's all about commitment.  Initially I thought  "I have to commit to not eating the wrong kind of snacks today." In my mind it was all about deprivation and saying no to the temptation, but as I reflect on that issue, I think it's not quite right.  I think what I really need to do is to commit to a plan for the day so that I'm eating the right kind of snacks and meals.   This feels right and I think it's the first (and most important) step.  Next, I need to structure my time.  Make a set of goals for the day, just like I do when I'm at work.  Finally, what I am going to do is put my exercise as the number one priority for the day.  I'm going to go out at 9:00 and ride my bike.  Hopefully that will give me the power to put these other plans into effect. 

Lastly, I'm going to watch episode 3 of Jamie Oliver's food revolution.  I'm also picking a recipe from his cookbook to make for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment