Friday, April 2, 2010

Classic Potato Chips

Today I was planning to work all day for one of my co-workers who had the day off.  At 2:00 my boss said "why don't we close up at 3 and leave?"  I guess because it is a holiday a lot of offices were closed and we had only had one telephone call all day.  What a nice surprise for the day. 

My husband and I are having dinner with our friends, Phil and Julie tonight.  Grilled rainbow trout, redskin potatos, asparagus, and cole slaw.  We are providing dessert.  Ice Cream - we made very small balls of ice cream rolled some in crushed peanuts and some in toasted coconut and some we left alone.  It's a nice, very pretty way to savor a very small amount of ice cream and still fell like you had dessert.  It is in the 70" here in Michigan and we plan to sit out and enjoy the weather. 

With all of those good things to enjoy and anticipate why did I buy the little bag of potato chips today?  I don't want to eat chips, I don't like myself when I eat chips, I feel guilty afterword.  I had plenty of lunch and was not hungry so there is no reason for me to need to have potato chips.  I'm trying not to beat myself up about it but it's hard.  I seem to have an excuse for everything. 

I am still happy with my overall progress this year.  I have been happier since December than I ever remember being and that is de to the fact that I have let go of so many self imposed expectations, I have seen some changes, and I feel like I'm poised on the edge of big changes.  It's very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment